This is Our Week
1. All clubs meet this week.
2. Report Cards will be distributed on Wednesday.
3. Conferences are scheduled for Thursday evening. My door will be open from 6-8:15 for concerns or questions.
4. The last Superkid has been introduced. His name is Hot Rod. Each week is filled with stories, sound drills and games, writing and reading, and hands on activities that focus on the new sound. All sounds are practiced--they are the foundation
on which we build.
New word lists will be posted on Monday.
5. We are continuing with learning strategies for subtraction and pointing out the connection between both addition and subtraction. I always remind the children to be CAREFUL COUNTERS and to identify the number bond in each subtraction problem.
6. The 40 Days of Giving continues and your child's generosity has be wonderful. The children LOVE seeing what each one has decided to give away.
7. The Student Council is sponsoring CRAZY HAT DAY on Friday--all students may show school spirit by participating in this event. A donation of $1.00 is being asked for The Make a Wish foundation.
As I've said, the children are making wonderful progress. They are all on the path to being readers.
Thank you for all your support.
Have a wonderful week!
My door is always open.